Wednesday, July 24, 2013

MOMS (And Me)!

Today I took the little one and went on an adventure! She and I met new people at the local MOMS (Moms Offering Moms Support) Group for a playgroup with a bunch of other little ones, as well as other adults for me to chat with.

Now, you may be asking yourself about that whole "Moms" thing. True, I am not a mom in the traditional sense. It's also true that I'm not a mom in any other kind of sense. The fact of the matter is that most groups are there for stay-at-home mothers because, well, because that's society for you right now. This group is kind enough to open up to stay-at-home dads as well, which is great! It gives me a chance to meet other parents and Lois a chance to meet other kids: Perfection!

Last time I posted about Lois meeting other children wasn't all that long ago and I was concerned about her becoming a bully. Thankfully that wasn't too big of a deal this time around. Lois would go play with the other children momentarily and then go off in the grass to do her own thing. When she got bored with doing her own thing* she would go back to find another child, play for a few minutes, and then crawl off to go get in trouble with something either too small for her to play with (since 'playing' still consists of 'putting it in her mouth to see if she can swallow it') or a toy that wasn't quite age appropriate.

"I can do this, daddy!"
Overall it was a really nice time and I enjoyed meeting all the people whose names I probably won't remember until the third or fourth time I meet them because I'm horrible with names but my not remembering their names has nothing to do with not having a good time and everything to do with my brain being kinda sucky sometimes.

Let me try that again.

It was a really nice time and I enjoyed meeting a bunch of new people. I also really loved watching Lois interact with their children. I'm looking forward to the next playgroup which is this Friday. I am certain to feel horrible for not remembering a single name and will reintroduce myself to the entire group.

Still, it'll be nice to see my little girl interact with other kids and not beat them up for their candy or toys.

*Normally consisting of ripping up some grass, tasting it, spitting it out, then trying another patch somewhere else nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment