Thursday, August 22, 2013

I'm A Bad Dad. The Baby Says So.

Put down in her crib for a nap, Lois first acts peaceful and sucks at her bottle. We just got home from a nice walk on the Huckleberry Trail and she's warm, tired, and definitely in need of her 3 PM nap. Of course, after mommy walks away the little one realizes what's happening and vehemently disagrees that she needs a nap. In fact, she's not even tired.

Now, despite the fact that MOMMY put her in the crib, she cries out "Dad! Dadadada!" and I am fairly certain I also heard "Bad! Bad dadadada!"

I wouldn't say that that in and of itself makes me a bad father. No, not at all. Babies need some sort of structure in their lives and it is nap time and she is tired. I'm a good daddy for that.

No, what makes me a bad daddy is that I can't stop laughing at her chastising me. It's hilarious and I've let out several large guffaws at her.

Bad daddy. Bad. Bad dadada!

Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment