Tuesday, December 3, 2013

'Tis The Season!

Now with 100% less Praying Mantises
Here you see our beautiful Christmas tree with the first officially wrapped present of the season! Our awesome Australian friend Julia (who, if she were closer, would probably kidnap our daughter or visit a whole lot and be called "Aunt Julia"*) picked out a gift from Lois' gift list and sent it our way with a sweet little note.

That sweet little note lets me know exactly what the decidedly noisy present will be when the little one opens it on the 25th.

Thank you, Aunt Julia. Thank you so much.** I'm sure she won't drive us nuts with the noise before New Year's Day. It'll probably take at least one or two more weeks.

Lois is a lucky little girl to have admirers, family, and friends who go out of their way to make sure that she has an awesome life. Parents too, for that matter.***


One thing she doesn't have? A father who knows how to wrap gifts:

I've got this. I've got this. I've got this.
Nailed it.
I would pay someone to professionally wrap all my presents but nobody would believe that I did it. This way any present I wrap has "personality." (Hopefully anyway because they sure don't have "looks!")

*Both. Probably both.
**Read that both sincerely AND sarcastically. I maintain that it can be both at once.
***I'm totally allowed to toot my own horn once every decade.

1 comment: