Friday, September 20, 2013

I Think I'm Doing This Right...

"Oh, look what we've got here!"
 I build the tower twenty, probably thirty times a day. Sometimes higher, sometimes shorter, and sometimes I'm not even able to put it down onto the floor.

It rocks unsteadily when I am finally able to set it down and it taunts her, obviously. I think it might even call to her, regardless of where she is or what she's doing because she stops and looks, even if she was engrossed in trying to get the cat's darting and dancing tail a moment before.

And then, disaster.


"Tower? What tower? There was never a tower here, daddy."
Well, disaster if it were actually some kind of tower that housed people, their pets, and their lives.

As it stands, it's only a disaster in that it makes the little one happy and now daddy has to build it again.

And again.

And again.

Right up until it stops making her laugh, making her smile.

So again.

No comments:

Post a Comment