Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm Concerned...

So today was an experience.

We had some problems in the past, feeding Lois solid food, and we stopped for a little while since she just wasn't getting the way the mechanics of the situations work. Our doctor, whom I adore, said that one day Lois will just kind of "get it" and not to worry too much about it but at least try every couple of days and see how it goes.

I can assure you that today was not that day.

This bib was a present from Grammy and Poppy on their last visit!
We start with a happy baby in the high chair. As you can see she is wearing a bee-autiful little bib and a smile. She was ready for this experiment and happy to be a part of it.

Little did either of us know that what we would be experiencing today would be the downfall of hope.

I mean, just look at that innocent smile on her face. She looks ready for this, doesn't she? I think she does. She thought she was.

We were so wrong.
YUM! (I can't even type that with a straight face.)
I decided that for our first course we would have banana so I took a banana, smooshed it up really well with a fork and went "eww."

No, really. Look at that photo. How is that appetizing? I put the spoon in that shot so that you'd have something else to look at. Seriously, as I took the picture I said to myself "Self, I better put a spoon in the mushed banana so that it's not just a big thing of grossness."

But I'll admit, it smelled wonderful. Nice ripe banana smell, which is awesome if you like that kind of thing.

It did not go so well.

I have determined that my baby is never going to eat solid food and will live on in her life feeding off of a liquid diet.

Don't get me wrong, she can probably learn to eat solid foods without a problem! She'll get there if we keep trying. She's smart.

But. The. Mess.

That bib? Very helpful. If it weren't there I think the only option would be to take the shirt she's wearing and burn it, then scrub her down with some industrial strength grease cleaner. As it is I believe it will need three or eight cycles through the washer before the mashed in bananas are ever fully taken out of it and she will smell of bananas right up until the next time she poops. The bib will need a wash too but since that was the mess I saw being created while I fed Lois I cleaned it up as we went along. Underneath it was a different story.

I didn't think smashed bananas could look grosser than the picture I posted above. I was wrong.

And if you want to see something adorable and gross, here's a video of how the feeding went. I will warn you once more, this is kind of gross*:



*As a parent this is definitely not that gross since I also clean up the other end (*shudder* Ew) but non-parents might find something like this video of a baby constantly spitting out food to be a little much to handle. Non-parents are wussies. There, I said it. Wussies.


No comments:

Post a Comment