Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Little Monkey Bizness!

Yesterday we needed something to use up all that mischievous energy that someone in our household seems to constantly have.

I can't imagine who I might be talking about.
Television just doesn't cut it and so I decided that we would spend a couple dollars for an hour or two of fun at Little Monkey Bizness.

When I asked if she wanted to go to Monkey Bizness, her reply was "ooh, ooh, ahh, ahh!"

I took it as a "yes."
This place is nice and large with a ton of stuff to do!

She particularly enjoyed this climbing thing full of little hiding areas, platforms, and steering wheels.
There were many other kids playing; it was difficult to snap photos of Lois without getting any of them in it but I try really hard to make sure I'm not taking shots of other people's kids.
We'll definitely be going back. Lois had a great time, tired herself out, and met lots of other kids. It was a lot of fun.

It helped that there were other adults there chatting who didn't mind me wandering in and out of their conversations as I followed my little one around. I tried not to hover but Lois was the youngest one there and needed the most supervision.

The other adults agreed, which was nice. I don't need validation from other people that I'm being a good parent but it's nice to hear other people say we're doing a good job and that I'm not being overprotective, just regular protective, which is good. I don't want to be a helicopter parent, constantly hovering.

At the same time, I don't want her falling off the top of something because I wasn't there to catch her.

It's a difficult balance, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment