Monday, March 24, 2014

A Small Digression

Good morning.

Pardon me a moment or two. Please, go about your daily business for the next few seconds while I get my mind in the right gear.

...

Right. Thanks.

I had to look at some of the adorable photos I've put up of Lois.

See, I had to remind myself of the adorableness.

Because last night? Last night.

Lois cried from 11:30 PM to 3:30 AM. Nothing was wrong except that she wanted to be held. When she was being held she wanted to play. When she wasn't being held everything was wrong with the world.

It wouldn't have really been that bad, most days.

Today? 2.5 hours from right now?

Laura is defending her PhD in Materials Engineering.

Last night was rough.

I know Laura will do amazingly today because she is amazing. By the end of the day she will be Dr. Laura and it will be awesome.

But this little girl, last night?

Pardon me. I need to go peruse the Friday Picture Postsrecent videos, and other adorableness.

And then I have to go wake Laura after only about 4 hours of sleep so she can get ready for her PhD defense.

Little girl, if you're reading this some day in the future, know that we love you, very much.

Otherwise last night we would have looked for a roving band of Romani to pass you on to.

No comments:

Post a Comment