Friday, August 15, 2014

Oh, Wonderful. Yay. Whoo.

We've hit a very special stage. A stage I've been "looking forward to." A stage that I was "waiting for." And we've hit it. Oh boy.

And boy did she start it in such a great way.

Is the sarcasm coming through?

Today Lois came over to me and smiled. "Milk?" she asked plaintively. "Milk milk, please please?" She does this thing where she doubles words when she wants something. It's adorable.

"Sure, honey! Where's your cup?"

We looked around for a while (or rather, she followed me around as I looked for it). I knew it was here somewhere. She just had it an hour or so ago and it's not that large of an apartment. It couldn't have gone far, I told myself 10 minutes later, still not having found it.

"Lois, honey? Where's your milk cup?"

She grinned up at me. Grinned. Her eyes widened innocently. She whispered something.

"I'm sorry, honey, I didn't hear you. Where's your milk cup?"

Smile. A grin even. A smirk, maybe.

"I hide it."

Deal with it, daddy. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment