Monday, October 14, 2013

Oh, The Places She'll Go

I said "Smile!" This is what I got. Isn't she adorable?
Until today we've had the living room blocked off from the rest of the apartment. A smallish area, probably 9'x10' or so if you take out the furniture, which means she really only had about 6'x6' of space to walk around and play in.

Baby proof? Yes (or at least as baby safe as possible), but not really great for exploring and mental stimulation.

Today we took away the baby gate, opening up the dining room area, foyer, and hallway. We've closed off the other rooms until we can make them safe for her (or she's old enough to know not to put things into her mouth, so, like, 16) but now she has a bajillion more areas to explore!

Some of which are out of daddy's eyesight unless he moves.
Raise your glass in celebration!

Which, of course, means that I'm now constantly in motion, following her behind couches, down the hallway, and around the corner.

She's loving every minute of it, of course. Daddy's attention, plus freedom? It's a wonderland of awesomeness!

I'm going to be busier than normal until that level of busy becomes normal. I'm pretty sure that's sort of parenthood's essence bottled up, yeah?

I kind of miss the days when she couldn't move.

There's no going back to then, is there? No matter how hard I try?

No comments:

Post a Comment