- If the nurse says "I know we said that your baby will be a girl but we think we might see something else and she might be a he" you should not say: "Hey hon, at least her name changes easily to a boy's name!" (Lois to Louis)
- When she's having a contraction and you can see it on the monitor you don't have to tell her; she knows. Believe me, she knows.
- "Wow sweety, I've never seen anyone projectile vomit that far!" (Note: Okay to say later but not during.)
- "Guess who's stinky! Here you go, hon!"
- It's "breastfeeding" and "pumping." Under NO circumstances are you to refer to it as "milking."
Thursday, August 16, 2012
Things Not To Say
Men, if you'd like to keep your head during the pregnancy and shortly thereafter, here are a few things you'll want to avoid saying: