Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Vignettes

Here are a few things that I couldn't justify as posts all on their own but still wanted to share:

As I mentioned before, Lois has been sick lately. Her stomach has been a bit upset. This morning we all went out for breakfast and thought she was okay so we gave her milk instead of the Pedialyte she's been getting.

It seems that she still seems to be in a little bit of gastrointestinal distress. She was crying for no apparent reason, right up until she farted on me, loudly and several times. The tears stopped and she's happy now. She was giggling as she did it.

 ___

I was watching the little one eat some cheese and was amazed at how quickly it was disappearing. She was obviously happy with it and I could add Gouda to the list of foods she enjoys. I watched her happily, looked away for a moment, and when I looked back I saw that she was pulling her shirt out from her chest, looking down inside of it. While I watched she opened her mouth, spat out the cheese, closed the collar of her shirt and patted it back in place. I don't want to figure out how much cheese is in her shirt.

 ___

 Me: "Lois, it's time for bed."

 Lois: "NO!"

 She then immediately got up from her spot on the floor and led me to her bedroom. I put her down without a sound.

 ___

Laura: "Lois, honey, please eat your food."

Lois: (Very clearly) "I don't like that!"

Both of us: "Okay then, you don't have to eat that."

 We weren't going to force the child to eat it if it was so bad that it had an 18 month old talking in complete sentences. I don't even remember what it was but whatever it was, she didn't like it.

 ___

She just farted on me again while I wrote this and then laughed like a madman.

2 comments:

  1. The cheese in the shirt is hysterical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just so strange! Thankfully she only got a piece or two in there and ate the rest but I guess she was just saving it for later? She's a silly little girl.

      Delete