Monday, September 17, 2012

DIY

I've read in books that sometimes you have to let your child try to do things by themselves because you can't always do everything for them. Maybe I'm going a little too far with her being 6 weeks of age but today I decided to let her try to get her binky when it fell out of her mouth.

This happened four or five times during the day before I realized that my little girl is a superstar and that I had to show the world how smart and amazing she is.

If the pacifier falls out of her mouth no farther than her shoulder, in just the right position so that tip is rubbing against her cheek (showing her right where it is), and she can turn her head enough to reach it, she can suck her binky right back into her own mouth.

Yay! My little girl is a genius! Whoo!*

*I'm only sarcastic in hindsight on this one. At the time that she did it? I was ready to sign her up for MENSA. Because I'm a dad, that's why.

1 comment:

  1. She's so advanced for her age. People think I'm kidding when I say I should just go ahead and sign her up for classes :D

    ReplyDelete