Monday, September 10, 2012

The Ones I Love

****

Moving to Virginia to be with Laura and Lois was the best decision I've made in my life.

Sure, my sleep schedule is a little erratic at times due to a little girl waking me up, and maybe I don't get as much done during the day as I'd like to get done because someone is a fake fake faker baby but I can deal with a little sleep deprivation and can give up a few things here and there if it means I get to help raise such a wonderful little girl with an amazing woman.

Sure, sometimes this little girl makes crumple-face and cries for an hour straight for no discernible reason but the 5 minutes of quiet contemplation half an hour afterward where she appears to smile at me (but is actually poopin') and I get to sing her lullabies or whatever little ditty comes into my head makes it all absolutely worthwhile.

This is my daughter, and I am her dad. I never thought that was a title I'd have in my life but I've never been happier to be called something other than my name.

Life has led me somewhere good.

****(Please excuse the truthful sappiness: This post to be held in abeyance for a day that I somehow mess up and make Laura angry with me so that I can point/link to it and have her go "Awww." and completely forget whatever I did that made her upset in the first place. Thank you.)****

2 comments:

  1. Jeremiah,

    The strategy above? Should totally work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does work. I smile and get happy every time I come across it :)

    ReplyDelete